Thursday, December 4, 2008

office nostalgia

Though I didn't get time off for Thanksgiving, the whole country is going on vacation next week. We have off a full week for Eid al-Adha, a Muslim holiday commemorating Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son for Allah. It coincides with Hajj, the annual pilgrimmage to Mecca that Muslims are obigated to make at least once in their lives, if they are able. To celebrate my time off, I will be going to Jordan for seven days with N, where we will see Petra, Amman, and many other things. Check back next week for photos (though we are flying there, so hopefully few travel horror stories).

As some of you may remember, a few months ago I mentioned that my company might be moving to a new building. Well, they've been getting it ready for a while and it looks like it will finally be ready after Eid. Which means today might be my last day in this office (though some departments will still be here, so I am sure I will visit). But still: here is a photo of the view of Mohandiseen as seen from the balcony in our office. The new office is on the block to the right of the building with the blue windows.

No comments: