Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE DID

Received today on Cairo Scholars: an e-mail entitled "Congratulations, America."

I watched CNN International from like 12:30-3:30 am, and then woke up at around 5 am to check in again when my dad called me and told me to turn on the TV (I told him to call). I have to admit, I was jealous of those people hanging out in Grant Park with Oprah. That would have been awesome. Anyway, I was trying to avoid writing that post where I talk about how the locals are so informed and everyone here cares about the outcome of the elections more than many Americans I know. (For the record: they are, and they do.)

So instead, I will just say that I am extremely pleased with and proud of America today. Yes we did, indeed.

1 comment:

קורטני שרפ|كورتني شرپ said...

LOVE!

ps. I am adding you to my blogs to follow. Idk how I didn't notice you had a blog before. :-)