Sunday, November 16, 2008

ahli vs. zamalek

I work in the content room (like a newsroom) in my office, where there is a large TV. It is usually on to something quiet, like the news or a popular TV program.

But right now we are watching a football match, Ahli vs. Zamalek. Yes, I live in Zamalek. But no one really roots for them (they are the White Sox of Cairo football). Everyone is Cairo is an Ahli fan. EVERYONE. I was interested in going to a game, but apparently it is very...unpleasant for women and I have since reconsidered. So Ahli just scored a goal, 20 people are screaming right next to me, and I am probably not going to get any more work done today.

Considering going home early to read all the excellent Entertainment Weekly magazines I have just receieved in a package from my parents today. By the way: the package delivery man thinks it is hilarious that I get a package a month from America. We are on a first name basis now and he is totally my BFF. So send me mail! He will make sure it gets to me!

1 comment:

Forsoothsayer said...

well, the ahly club is in fact in zamalek. the zamalek club is in mohandessin. just one of those things. there are some die hard zamalek fans but they suck so bad it's hard for them to keep it up.