Saturday, January 10, 2009

the internets have arrived!

I am writing this post from (drumroll please....) MY APARTMENT! Where I finally have internet! Internet that is actually an account that my roommates and I purchased and own legitimately! Victory!

I have been living here for six months and this is the first time I have had internet at home. If you told me when I was graduating that I was about to go without internet at home for six months, I would have laughed...and then panicked. But truth be told, it was a lot easier to adjust to than I thought. Most evenings I am out and about anyway, and I sit in front of a computer all day so not checking my e-mail at night is just not a big deal. Plus, life here in Cairo is pretty chilled out, so I don't really have many emergency e-mails that need immediate attention. I suppose I just feel much less internet-dependent than I used to be, though I am sure that will all change now that I have a connection again.

Which means, fans of blog, that you can now reach me in my very own home and not just during my work hours. Contact me via e-mail and I will pass along my AIM and skype names so we can plan video chats and skype dates and whatnot. Just let me know and I will be glad to arrange a time with you.

No comments: