Monday, October 27, 2008

dance, dance

My friend S3 belongs to a gym in Zamalek, and thanks to an offer to try a free class, she brought N and I along to a dance class last night to see the gym and think about joining. Our friend C was also there.

I am telling you, there is nothing more intimidating to someone as rhythmically-challenged as me than getting ready to go to a dance class with a roomful of women who have bellydancing in their national culture.

Luckily, it was not so much dance and more just basic movement, and there were other rhythm-less foreigners so I was not the only one flailing in the back. It ended up being a lot of fun and I am kind of thinking about the joining the gym now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you take belly dancing lessons and post your videos here, wow ;)

Forsoothsayer said...

if it comforts you, i have not the belly dancing gene. none of my parts roll at all. i'm ashamed.

RachelFairy said...

bellydancing is one of those things i've always wanted to learn how to do but never have gotten around to.
its totally badass