Wednesday, October 22, 2008

chicago on my mind

As some of you may recall (or may not, whichever), last summer, in June-August 2007, I interned at an investigative magazine in Chicago called The Chicago Reporter. I wrote several articles there and continued to freelance for them during the past year, and I also contributed research to several articles.

One of the articles I helped research was about police brutality in Chicago (you can read it here), a city which has had its share of problems with corrupt cops. Yesterday, one of the most notorious of those cops, John Burge, was indicted. That story is here. It's a really big moment for the people who have spent decades on this case, and it's still pretty big news for anyone who has heard about some of the atrocities he is alleged to have committed (and I have read a lot of those accounts).

Anyway, I know this post doesn't really have anything to do with Egypt, but it's my blog so you get to read about it anyway. And while you're at it, enjoy this as well. (Hint: it involves puppies.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha very adorable puppies :)

Daniela said...

i have i mentioned to you how much i miss that summer? and you?

also, i have updated my blog!

p.s.: OMG PUPPIES!!!